Resource: My Name in Fractions - It's Miss. M

Sunday, May 5, 2019

Resource: My Name in Fractions


My Name in Fractions! This is great activity for either introducing the fractions unit or summing up your fractions unit- depending on the grade. I used this in my grade 6 classroom at the beginning of our fractions unit to see what students already knew and give them some practice with basic fractions.  This is a great resource as fractions are a difficult concept for students to grasp and this worksheet allows students to see that fraction represented in different ways. Using their name allows them to connect the idea of a fraction to something real (the 'S' is one of 6 parts in my name). Also, there's a fraction strip, a number line and some practice of writing fractions for them to make connections using different tools to see how these numbers relate and gain a concrete understanding of fractions. And once the students are done, it looks great hanging on the pall of your classroom! 

You can download this resource for FREE by clicking HERE. 

No comments:

Post a Comment